Release the Oppressed Ministries (ROM), is a ministry launch-pad service, organized to encourage and enable apostolic ministry outreach to such oppressed peoples as: widows, orphans, prisoners, slaves, etc., worldwide.
“Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?”
Over the past 25 years of serving in missions, we have felt a sense of growing desire to help those people in the body of Christ, who have received vision from the Lord, to reach out with His love and power, and help bring rescue and release to people in need, who the Lord is leading to begin a new (apostolic) ministry.
In 2010, in fellowship, we began experiencing a desire to really see this happen. After praying, the Lord confirmed this in several ways to us, and as we began to take steps to make this happen; funds were provided to do so, contacts began happening, and within days it seems, we saw God bring together a board of directors for this ministry that we are so excited about. We look forward to hearing and reading and maybe even getting to play a role in, the first chapters of the books of many new ministries that are about to be launched. Can we help you? What is your vision for helping oppressed people? Send us chapter one of your book!
We are a fellowship of apostolic ministries to oppressed peoples, which are bound together by a shared calling. Each launch ministry in fellowship with ROM, are welcome to use our experience and resources, which include such gifts as God provides us with. These presently include:
- Media Help — Web page design and updating, brochure design, video editing, etc.
- Personnel — Screening of applicants for your ministry, collecting references and background checks, coordinating and training short term teams to come support your ministry as requested by you. Follow-up debriefing of those returning from trips to your work.
- Prophetic Ministry — We’ll fellowship with people who will know and pray about your ministry and if you’d like, who will send you what they believe they’ve heard from the Lord concerning you or your ministry or country or area.
- Accountability — intercession and hospitality when you are in the Charlotte, NC / Fort Mill, SC / Ocala, FL area, and help coordinating hospitality among members through an in ministry network media, also serving in coordinating news of those in ROM Fellowship to the fellowship and representation at missions conferences.
- Finances — While ROM is not a funding ministry, we are a non- profit organization with 501 (c)3 status, and are able to provide receipts for those giving to ROM. Through donations that come in to ROM, funds will be given to help those ministries that ROM is in the process of launching, as the ROM Board of Directors determines. Each ROM board member trusts the Lord for their own finances and office equipment, and so ROM operating overhead is very low. Therefore more donated funds can be given to sooner launch these new ministries.
- Mentoring services — ROM Board Members bring many years and wide experience to new ministries that are getting ready to be launched. We aim to make ourselves available to those we are serving.
- Maintain Accountability — even after your ministry is launched; we offer prayer, personnel referencing, and training and representation as the Lord continues your relating with ROM. Our relationship, because we are all in Christ, will never end. It is all about the fellowship.
It is our goal that many new ministries to the oppressed will be launched.