Great Commission (GC) Ministries is about living the Great Commandment and fulfilling the Great Commission both locally and globally. It’s about connecting people to Christ, His Church and the community. It’s a pioneering gospel work among the Nepalese and Bhutanese people groups in Nepal and diaspora Nepalesee scattered on the globe.
“The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few…” Luke 10:2
GC believes in equipping indigenous leaders to train their people groups to teach and transfer the Great Commission to the ends of the earth. People are more open to the gospel when they are away from their homeland. They can take the Gospel back home to their family and friends. It’s no longer home or foreign mission, but an opportunity to reach unreached people groups globally.
Uttam GC (Tom)
Born in a remote village of Nepal and raised in the Hindu temple to be a successor as a priest for his grand father, Uttam came to know the Lord as a young boy through a Bible given by missionaries. Growing up in a country where it was illegal to be a Christian, he went through many hardships but saw God’s miracles in his faith journey. Uttam is passionate and experienced to share the gospel, disciple the followers of Jesus, and develop the community of believers for His Kingdom.
• Uttam led his extended families, relatives and friends to the Lord and today there is a Church in his home village expanding the Kingdom of God.
• Led intervarsity ministry in Nepal.
• As a Civil Engineer and MBA graduate, he initiated many community development works and shared the gospel.
• Established services for orphanages , widows, and marginalized people groups.
• First missionary outside of Nepal to reach Nepalese in Malaysia in 1999, and there are now 100 Nepali Churches in Malaysia.
• In 2008 pioneered and established Nepalese Churches in Sydney Australia.
• In 2011, together with local leadership of Albury, evangelized Bhutanese refugees and pastored a multicultural Church.
• In 2016, moved to North America to share the gospel and develop media ministry to make disciples, making reproducible community among Nepalese and Bhutanese locally and globally.
• 100,000 Bhutanese
• 500,000 Nepalese
• 10,000 Bhutanese
• 100,000 Nepalese
More than 1 million Nepalese
30 million in Nepal and 15 million outside of Nepal
Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims and less than 2% Christians
Why is this ministry?
Uttam G C (Tom)
Mobile: +1 980 365 0129
Helping to Launch
Great Commissions Ministries is a ministry that Release the Oppressed Ministries (ROM) is helping to launch. If you would like to make a donation you can do so electronically, or you can send your check or money order with a note to:
Release the Oppressed Ministries
PO Box 1507
Fort Mill, SC 29716-1507
Note: To receive a tax deduction, the IRS stipulates that the donor must release control of all funds donated to a non-profit organization. For this reason, contributions to R.O.M. cannot be refunded, nor can they be designated to any specific person. Any reference to a specific person will only be deemed as the expression of a preference and not mandatory. R.O.M. has complete discretion and full control of all donated funds.